- Everyone stays in after dark. No-one goes out, the roads and streets are just about deserted.
- There are almost no take-aways of any sort. The nearest Fish and Chip shop is in St Mawes which is some 8 miles away and the nearest Chinese restaurant is 12 miles distant. I have not found a curry house yet. Contract this with Brum where there are take away food establishments everywhere.
- One has to drive to get anywhere.
- More or less no nightlife, so young people get awfully bored.
- The local shops have a huge range of stock, but no choice for any one product. e.g. the village shop stocks a wide range of food, toiletries, stationery, papers, hardware, booze,soft drinks, dairy products, etc. etc., but if you want shaving gel, it has got to be Gillette. The shops are open all hours, and do everything they can to help there customers, so it is not really a complaint.
- There are no coffee shops.
Blog Moved - I've moved this Blog to http://dig365.wordpress.com/
7 years ago