Friday 10 July 2009

Something to get me out of the house...

Having been retired for just over 2 years, I have been getting hints that I should find a "job" (not necessarily paid) that gets me out of the house for a couple of days each week. I have not been very assiduous about finding such a role, and the volunteering organisation I approached has singularly failed to ring me back. However, something has come to my rescue.

About 18 months ago, I put my name on two waiting lists for an allotment. One was with the council, and one was with an allotment society who operate the set of allotments nearest to home. Well, the latter group have come up trumps. I have been offered half a plot (and I have to admit that I have forgotten how big that is) which I am going to view on my return from the sailing trip. I shall now start to scour the seed catalogues to see what I can plant this autumn, and eat as soon as possible.

No comments: