Wednesday 12 December 2007

Let there be light......

...and there was light...in the hall that is. For two weeks, I've been gently chiding the local electrician to give me an estimate for putting an additional 2 ceiling lights in Mum's hall. While I was away in London, he came and put them in. The result is wonderful, we can see where we are going and anything that might be in the way. I've no idea what the bill will be, but it will be worth it.

My trip to London went well with only one hiccup. The Northern Line of London Underground was completely chaotic yesterday morning, so every other line was packed as people found alternative routes to work. Quite how our major city's most used piece of transport infrastructure can be so delicate is beyond me. Sorry, Londoners, but I think you are going to have to cough up some more money to make the whole system a bit more robust.

No comments: