Sunday 10 January 2010

Snow (again)

The Midlands has been much less affected by snow than many other parts of the country. However, it is snowing gently this morning and having spent the last week or so looking at our snow covered drive, I felt that I had to make a token effort. Armed with a shovel retrieved from the shed, I cleared a path from the front door to the pavement. It was easier than I expected and satisfying. The reason I think I found it satisfying is that for not too much effort, one can see immediate and concrete results. Jobs like this always leave me with a warm feeling (and it's not just the different form of exercise).

The task was undertaken because our friend, Alan, across the road cleared a path yesterday morning and peer pressure is a wonderful motivator.

So if you want to feel good spend 30 minutes shovelling some of the white stuff. As for Alan and me, if it continues to snow, we shall both be out there doing it again tomorrow.

No comments: