Monday 11 January 2010

There must be a way......

With the weather being so miserable, I find myself with time to read the paper from cover to cover and read articles and opinion columns from other papers via the web. Three articles have caught my eye today. The Independent, the Times and the Guardian all have articles which spell out that our Prime Minister is a much disliked man.

The sources available to journalists such as these are a completely closed book to me, I simply have no idea how they get their stories. However, it is clear that three quality papers have a consensus. Gordon Brown is a basket case, and no-one wants to work with him. His colleagues believe he is incapable of changing and expect, even want to lose the General Election so that they can get rid of him.

How do we, the electorate, get to have a man with these personality flaws as our leader (or non leader – see this piece in the Guardian)? We are disenfranchised when it comes to our leaders. (Please someone explain: How do I stop that buffoon Ed Balls from getting the job?)

I can’t speak for anyone else, but for Prime Minister, I want someone who will treat me like an adult, not pretend that he or she can solve all our problems and who tells in no uncertain terms that we shall have to work together to make this country a better place. The trouble is, I can't see anyone who might fit the bill. Depressing really.

No comments: