Sunday 7 June 2009

What a poor choice.

It is becoming increasingly difficult to decide which party I might want to vote for in any election. The Labour Party are a complete shower and in the words of Rowan Atkinson's reactionary "Father of the Bride" character, I would not trust them to sit on the toilet correctly. The Conservatives have not described any policies which lead me to believe that they have a coherent plan for running the country. The Liberal Democrats are committed to Europe and have in the past expounded a number of policies I found attractive, so would probably get my vote if an election was to be held next week. UKIP, The Greens, are not in the real world and the BNP are beyond the pale, so unless an independent stands, the LIb Dems will have to do.

Since voting seems to me to be a duty as well as a right, the choice seems to be the lesser of the evils, rather than a party that really attracts.

I very much hope (and fear) that I am not the only one who feels this way. What have we done to deserve the present collection of politicians. The answer may be that we just have not involved ourselves in the process enough and our apathy is now returning to bite us in the arse.

No comments: