Monday 10 August 2009

Bad Back and Bad Selections...

Another weekend has gone by. I'm sitting here waiting for the chiropractors to phone back as I have put my back out and the sooner I can get it sorted, the better. The shower in our en-suite is leaking, and now I'm told that the rail in the shower in the bathroom is coming off the wall. - Ah, the joys of property ownership.

As I hurt my back on Saturday, I have spent a few hours listening to Test Match Special describing the dire performance of the England Cricket Team. The inability of a group of professional sportsmen to perform at such a dismal level makes me think there is something wrong with the way that they are selected. How have Ravi Bopara, Ian Bell and Paul Collingwood been selected in front of Rob Keys and Mark Ramprakash? Have James Anderson and Steve Harmison lost the ability to learn from what they are doing? Frankly, only Stuart Broad and Graham Swann emerge from the wreckage with any credit.

The Aussies must be giggling wildly as we move towards the final Test at the Oval.

No comments: