Thursday 7 June 2007

Something of a mixture

Something of a mixture today.....

James (first born son) has been cooking - one can see the results of his efforts here and jolly good it looks too. I can't help thinking from his words before the picture of the finished article, that James thought it was pretty good, and I assume it tasted as good as it looks. I just hope he'll make us all one when he comes home at the end of the month.

On a much sadder note, a phone call told me that a good friend and ex-colleague had died on Tuesday. Bob Noden was a great guy to work and play with. We used to play terrible practical jokes on each other and on our long-suffering colleagues. I shall miss him, and my heart goes out to Mo and Paul.

As someone I called to pass on the news said, it puts my troubles into perspective. I feel almost guilty that I don't have any.

No comments: