Wednesday 28 May 2008

Hanging on the telephone.

Once again, we have no telephone here. Quite what has occurred is for BT to discover and fix, but my broadband works fine. I think the temporary repair that was made in January has failed. The message from BT is "That there is a fault between the exchange and your property". The exchange is some 20 - 25 meters from the corner of my mothers bungalow. I can almost reach over the fence and touch it. The wire from the exchange to my mothers house goes via the top of one pole. In this day and age, one would think that over such a small distance, the cable's integrity could be maintained.

The Orange mobile coverage is not good here, either. However, I've found a place in the house where the signal is OK, but while it is in this position, I can't hear my mobile if it rings. Hmmm.

No comments: