Thursday 8 May 2008

Should have done this ages and ages ago and Dangerous People

Clean the keyboard of my PC, that's what. I burgled 4 antiseptic wipes from Granny's pot of them to clean my keyboard. Good Grief, it was dirty. Then I looked at it closely.... it is the Dan keyboard that came with the computer I bought when we lived in Ware. Thus it is at least 15 years old. I've never cleaned it before, and I very much doubt if anyone else in the family has. So, 15 years of dirty fingers, tea and coffee spills, sweat and crud have been (more or less) removed.

Somehow the keyboard still looks old, but now it looks loved and cared for and I feel affection for it. Here's to another 15 years. Let's be honest, there aren't many bits of PCs that last that long and still work well.

I took a return ferry trip from St. Mawes to Falmouth this afternoon. For more or less the entire trip it rained. On the return trip the inside cabin of the ferry was full (there must have been around 24 of us) and four of the passengers, 3 women and 1 man grinned the whole time at the rest of us. Now I found this somewhat disturbing. I have Grumpy Old Man (GOM) tendencies, and in my world, people who smile all the time just aren't right in the head. So on arriving back at St. Mawes, I was glad to get off and distance myself from these dangerous characters. They should be incarcerated for the safety of us Grumpies. There are more of us than them. Grumpy is Good. And don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

No comments: