Monday 27 April 2009

A day of pleasant surprises.

After my rant in Friday's post, I signed up for the petition and wrote to my MP. Somewhat to my surprise, I got an e-mail in very few minutes in which the good Lorely Burt agrees completely with me, and promises a proper reply by letter. This prompt reply agreeing with my argument took me aback slightly, but I can't really explain why. I think I was just expecting some equivocation and it is a pleasant surprise that my expectation was wrong.

The Land Rover has a broken clutch release fork, and a replacement is due to arrive with a clutch kit tomorrow. We should be back on the road soon.

Another mild surprise was to find that BT owe me £716.00. They have been taking a large sum from my bank account via Direct Debit for some months and when I rang them this morning to ask for it back they had already set in motion the process of returning the overpayment. And they agreed to reduce the DD take and the price of my broadband service. Good for them.

Finally, my dim son left his laptop power pack (transformer and lead) in Stockholm. a new one was ordered, but it is needed tomorrow (before his departure for Barcelona). The company from which I ordered it were able to change the delivery mechanism and it is due to be delivered tomorrow as required. Another piece of good service.

No comments: