Friday 24 April 2009

Running an hotel

Some of my erstwhile colleagues from British Gas invested their redundancy payments in an hotel or Guest House. I didn't, but I still feel like we are running one. The guests here make no reservations and if we're lucky phone up to say that they are coming to claim their usual room, but don't indicate the expected time of arrival. Thus feeding becomes an issue - and of course they expect food. They pay no charges and leave items all over the house, especially dirty washing. This is often expected to be available, clean and ironed within 24 or 48 hours, but they never tell one this. One is expected to know these things, apparently.

Any parents will recognise the fact that our guests are our children, specifically our sons, and I love them dearly. I really must try and find a way of keeping track of their comings and goings....

No comments: