Friday 15 February 2008

Spicy Chicken Fajitas - a cautionary tale

For our dinner tonight I made spicy chicken fajitas. The recipe came from Anthony Worrall Thompson on the BBC food website. Thinking it might be too spicy for my beloved, I left the chilli powder out of the marinade for the chicken. When I tasted the salsa it was too spicy, so I spent 30 minutes taking around half of the diced chilli out of it. I (wisely as it turned out) gave Chris the first griddled pieces of chicken that had been marinading for 3 hours. His reaction was instant, "These are delicious Dad, but there is no way that Mum will eat this!". So, out came another chicken fillet to be sliced and griddled without going into the marinade. Some more of the spicy chicken went into my fajitas, and, if I say so myself, they were good.

Happiness all round, and Chris has some spicy chicken to griddle and eat tomorrow.

No comments: